HDMI stands as one of the dominant interfaces in the audiovisual product market. With the booming growth of the gaming market, the HDMI 2.1 specification has introduced the Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) feature specifically for gaming products. This feature allows users to reduce issues such as screen tearing and latency while playing games, and is widely supported by gaming consoles like PS5, Xbox, and high-end graphics cards from NVIDIA and AMD. It has become a crucial evaluation indicator for consumers when considering the purchase of gaming monitors.
Risks and Solutions for Input Lag in Gaming Monitors
Gaming monitors are considered high-end products, and their performance is highly valued by consumers. Allion has long-term collaborations with mainstream brands and ODMs in the monitor industry. Through our testing, we have observed instances where monitors equipped with VRR functionality still exhibit screen stuttering issues. While VRR is intended to enhance gaming performance, why does it introduce the risk of screen delay?
Upon analysis by Allion’s professional consulting team, we identified that early HDMI certifications for VRR testing involved the use of static patterns. As a result, these tests could only confirm whether the screen colors are normal and if there is any flickering, but they could not thoroughly verify the proper functioning of the VRR feature.
Static Testing Pattern
To address this issue, Allion can provide the latest VRR testing using dynamic patterns, coupled with high-speed cameras. This approach allows for a comprehensive examination to confirm the occurrence of screen tearing or delays. Allion’s complete and comprehensive VRR verification solution will help ensure that your gaming products deliver optimal performance.
Dynamic Testing Pattern
Pattern Description: The testing pattern consists of 4 squares, each moving from left to right.
1. Record the test screen using a high-speed camera.
2. Playback the recorded video using a player frame by frame to inspect and confirm that each square moves sequentially without artifacts or delays.
Faster, Easier, Better: The Most Trusted HDMI Product Testing Consultant
Allion is an official certification laboratory authorized by the HDMI Forum. We have a complete range of HDMI testing equipment that can ensure compatibility amongst different kinds of HDMI products, helping you with your quality control along the way. Allion can also provide clients with fast and accurate evaluations that effectively shorten schedules for certifications. With plenty of experience, Allion provides the best consulting services for our clients and helps them eliminate issues they may encounter. This ultimately reduces the possibility of users returning their purchased products.
- A Comprehensive HDMI Compliance Test Solution: Passing certification tests can ensure signal transmission quality. It also allows manufacturers to avoid being audited by the HDMI Association
- Customized Testing and Consulting Services: HDMI monitors with repeaters were designed because of market demands. HDMI certification alone cannot guarantee the quality of your products. Allion can help clients conduct and pass compatibility tests, user scenario simulations, and more, ensuring these products are compatible with one another.
With our rich testing experience and collection of testing equipment, we can provide clients with fast and accurate certification planning that effectively shortens the certification schedule and helps clients quickly obtain HDMI certification. Allion is an official certification laboratory authorized by the HDMI Forum. We also have a complete range of HDMI testing equipment that can ensure compatibility amongst different kinds of HDMI products, helping you with your quality control along the way.
- Quickly provide product development certification strategies with rich testing experience and collection of testing equipment
- Quickly obtain logo certification (HDMI)
Allion has a complete range of HDMI hardware certification testing equipment and testing environments. With our testing solutions, we can ensure each client’s certification process is qualitative, quantitative, and reproducible. Through Allion’s service, we can assist our clients in obtaining accurate test results easily, ensuring the quality and performance of their products.
- Provides more accurate results
- Provides professional issue isolation and debugging support for our clients to make products
Not only does Allion have professional teams with decades of experience, but we also know how to design quantitative tests and user scenario simulations, allowing our clients to comply with requirements and user expectations. Allion’s professional teams can also provide suggestions for product modifications, assist with supplier management, and help with specifications requirements from international associations during product development. This further enhances the quality of our client’s products, ensuring high standards that comply with international specification requirements.
- Provides a better and more complete experience for brands to establish ODM ecosystem plans
- Provides more complete user scenario testing solutions
If you have any requirements or questions, please contact us.